Roast baby beetroot with goat's curd
Beetroot and goat’s curd are perfect partners, and I never tire of this combination.
- Preheat oven to 180C. If beetroot are bigger than a golf ball, slice in half lengthways through the stem, running down to the tip.
- Place beetroot on a small baking paper-lined oven tray, drizzle with 50ml olive oil and season with a little saltand pepper.
- Scatter thyme and garlic over beetroot before adding water or stock to the tray.
- Cover and seal sides with aluminium foil and roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender. To test beetroot, simply skewer with a small, sharp knife.
- When cooked, remove beetroot from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing aluminium foil.
- Remove skin by simply rubbing off with your fingers or using a sharp knife.
- When ready to serve, place beetroot on a baking paper-lined oven tray and drizzle with remaining olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes to reheat before transferring to a serving bowl. Crumble goat’s curd over beetroot and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.