Cherry tomato, eggplant and mozzarella filo tarts
These tarts are perfect for a weekend lunch or light dinner accompanied with salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Toss eggplant with the olive oil, garlic, paprika and thyme and place in a roasting pan. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Lightly grease the tart/large muffin tins with oil spray or softened butter. Cut filo pastry sheets into squares to fit the tins, with some overlap.
- Brush each layer with melted butter before fitting into the tart tins. Layer three sheets for each hole so there are three layers of filo in each, buttered in between.
- Fill with the eggplant mixture and pile pieces of mozzarella and then the halved tomatoes, cut-side down, on top. Season with salt and pepper and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven and top each with fresh basil leaves to garnish. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.