Chicken with tangerine sauce
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan, add the oil and brown the chicken breasts over a moderately high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken to an oven pan.
- Halve tangerines and squeeze out the juice.
- Scrape out the remaining flesh and discard, then thinly slice the rind.
- Place the tangerine rind, onion, red wine and tangerine juice in the same frying pan in which the chicken was browned and simmer hard for 3-5 minutes to reduce the liquid by half.
- Stir in the redcurrant jelly and the stock and bring to the boil until the jelly melts.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes, basting regularly until chicken is tender. Serve scattered with oregano.