Smoky avocado, corn, roast red pepper and potato salad
This is the perfect tasty dish to take along to a barbecue - potato salads don't get much better than this one.
- Heat oven to 220C. Place whole capsicums on an oven tray and roast for 20-25 minutes or until skin is charred and blistered.
- Remove and cool slightly before peeling off their skins. Discard seeds and pith, and cut flesh into strips.
- Place potatoes in a large pot with plenty of cold water and 1 tsp of salt.
- Bring to the boil, then add corn cobs and boil for 6-8 minutes until potatoes are tender and corn is cooked.
- Drain potatoes and corn and allow to cool. Cut corn kernels off the cobs once cool enough to handle.
- Mix mayonnaise with smoked paprika and garlic. Toss mayonnaise with potatoes and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix capsicum strips, corn kernels, avocados, red onion and lemon juice together. Lightly toss with potatoes.
- Garnish with basil leaves just before serving.