Simple tuna sauce on linguine
Made with quick uncooked pasta sauce using store-cupboard ingredients, this makes for a great Monday night meal.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add salt, bring back to the boil and add the linguine or spaghetti.
- Cook according to the instructions on the packet, until al dente. Drain well, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the canned tuna and place the tuna in a small bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, olives if using, lemon juice (use more lemon juice if you wish) and oil. Mash roughly with a fork.
- Add ¾ cup of the cooking water to the tuna.
- Tip the drained pasta into a large serving bowl and toss through the tuna sauce.
Tip: Semi-dried tomatoes are available in the deli at your supermarket. Use semi-dried as they are softer than dried tomatoes.