Lamb and mint pie
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Heat half the oil over high heat. Cook the lamb, in batches, for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps, or until browned. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 — 2 minutes or until softened.
- Return the lamb to the pan. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add stock, stirring. Add the potato, mint jelly, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until potato is cooked and mixture has thickened.
- Stir through peas and mint. Set aside.
- Spoon cooled mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm dish. Cut pastry into quarters.
- Arrange over pie and brush with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.