Parmesan-crusted lamb chops with tomato salad
( SERVES 4 )
|¼ cup||Olive oil, plus 2 tbsp extra|
|8||Lamb chops, approx, 145g each|
|1 Tbsp||English mustard|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|3||Vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced|
|250 g||Yellow tomatoes, halved|
|¼ cup||Basil leaf|
|1 to drizzle||Lemon-infused olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Combine the oil and garlic and brush on bread slices.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Place the lamb, mustard, half the extra oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Press lamb into the cheese to coat and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cheese is golden and the lamb is cooked through.
- Arrange tomato, basil and bread on plates with the lamb. Drizzle with lemon oil to serve.