Roast beetroot, bacon, red onion and goat's cheese with balsamic vinaigrette
( SERVES 4 )
- Wash the beetroot, remove the stalks but do not peel.
- Place the beetroot in a pot and cover with cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender. Leave to cool.
- When cold, peel the skins off the beetroot. It is a good idea to use gloves for this process.
- Cut the bacon into 2 centimetre pieces and fry until crisp in a frying pan.
- When ready to serve, cut the onion in rings and place in a bowl. Add the beetroot and bacon and crumble the cheese on top.
- Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and toss gently through the salad before serving.