Couscous with summer vegetables
Couscous softened in tomato juice rather than boiling water takes on a beautiful orange colour in this fresh, light salad.
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Bring the tomato juice to the boil in a small saucepan then pour over the couscous.
- Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and leave to stand for about 5 minutes or until the tomato juice has been absorbed by the couscous. Toss with a fork to loosen.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the raisins (discarding the liquid) and add them to the couscous with the vegetables and herbs.
- Moisten the couscous salad with the olive oil and lemon dressing and place in a serving bowl.
- Serve the salad with cooked lamb chops, making sure the bones are well trimmed so they can easily be eaten with fingers.