Mint and balsamic marinated strawberries
Photo by Tamara West
- Place strawberries in a non-metal, non-corrosive bowl.
- Bash mint, sugar and lime zest in a mortar and pestle until a paste. Mix in lime juice and vinegar.
- Pour marinade over strawberries, cover and leave in fridge to chill and marinate for an hour.
- Slice the remaining mint leaves and mix through the strawberries.
- Divide between serving glasses and serve with a dollop of creme fraiche or yoghurt.
- Serve, ahhh how refreshing!
- If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, finely chop the mint and mix with remaining marinade ingredients.
- White balsamic vinegar is a clear, uncoloured vinegar with similar sweet and acidic properties to the more commonly used dark balsamic vinegar, however it is a bit milder. It is sold in most supermarkets, but if you can’t get hold of it just use regular (dark) balsamic – it will create a very similar taste, the colour will just be different.