Asparagus with parmigiano and mayonnaise
Here's a great dish to make the most of asparagus when they're at their best.
- Snap off the asparagus ends or peel the last 2-3 centimetres.
- Heat a pot of water to blanch the asparagus.
- Add salt and sugar to the water — this helps heighten the green colour of the asparagus.
- When water reaches a rolling boil, add the asparagus. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain in a sink with cold running water and ice if you have it.
- Remove from the water when cool and drain and place on a serving plate.
- Combine the parmigiano and mayonnaise and pour over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.