Chocolate pikelets with yoghurt, jam and fruit
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
Makes 12 pikelets.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk in a large bowl, beat egg and sugar together until thick and pale.
- Sift flour, cocoa, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the beaten egg mixture, alternating with the milk and baking soda mixture.
- Last, fold in the melted butter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add a film of oil and cook 1-2 tablespoonfuls of the pikelet batter until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip the pikelets to cook on the other side for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with yoghurt, jam and fresh seasonal fruit.