Roast carrots with Beehive Craft Series by Peter Gordon bacon lardons, grapes and mint
- Cut the carrots into 1/2 cm-thick rings and steam or boil until almost cooked in lightly salted water, then drain and place in a bowl.
- While they're cooking, heat up a wide frypan. Add the bacon lardons and garlic (you may need to add a little oil or butter) and fry over a moderate high heat, stirring frequently, until they begin to go golden and slightly crisp.
- Add the halved grapes and cook for another two minutes.
- Toss this mixture on the cooked carrots along with the lemon zest, some salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- An hour before serving, toss in the mint and mix well.