Salad of smoked salmon, radish, asparagus, toasted almonds and Pomegranate Molasses Dressing
All good salads rely on tasty and perfectly ripe ingredients, so make sure the asparagus is al dente, the salmon the best you can afford and the watercress (or other salad greens) blemish free.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil, or use a steamer, and cook the asparagus for 1 minute.
- Drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water to stop it cooling.
- Cut the stalks in half and divide the lower halves between your plates.
- Lay the sliced salmon on top. Pile the watercress on top of this, almost in a ball.
- Scatter the asparagus tips on, then drizzle with as much dressing as you think it needs - a tablespoon each should be fine (shake the bottle well).
- Scatter the sliced radish and almonds on last of all and eat immediately.
Alternate dressing Put everything in a jam jar and shake well - taste for seasoning.