Exam day breakfast: Cheese and herb omelette on wholegrain toast
The key to a good pre-exam breakfast is to include protein and wholegrains. Avoid sugar. Don’t serve too much as the body needs to be focused on thinking, not digesting.
|1 tsp||Parsley, chopped|
|7||Basil leaves, large ones, torn into smaller pieces|
|1 Tbsp||Cheddar cheese, grated (or use jarlsberg or gruyere cheese)|
|1 slice||Wholegrain bread|
|1 to serve||Tomato relish, or tomato sauce.|
- Using a fork, whisk together eggs, salt and milk in a bowl. Add herbs and whisk again just to combine.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small omelette pan (about 15-20cm diameter), swirling the butter so it coats the pan well.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat.
- Pull the edges of the omelette into the centre every 20 seconds and tilt pan so that runny egg comes into contact with the pan.
- Once omelette is no longer runny, decrease heat to low and sprinkle cheese over omelette.
- Cook for another 30 seconds then serve on toast, with tomato relish or ketchup on the side if you like.