Fried green tomatoes, whipped goat’s cheese and red wine vinegar syrup Bruschetta
Green tomatoes often have more appeal than many of the tasteless red examples on offer. The goat’s cheese adds a rich savoury texture and the red wine vinegar a burst of sweetness.
- Slice some sourdough, brush with olive oil, grill until crisp around the edges.
- For the syrup, add equal amounts of sugar and red wine vinegar to a small saucepan, dissolve and reduce slightly.
- In a bowl, blend 50/50 ratio of flour and polenta together.
- Pour a little canola oil into a hot pan. Dip the sliced tomatoes into milk, then coat with flour mix. Fry tomatoes until golden brown on both sides.
- Mix some fromage blanc goat’s cheese, or similar, with a splash of cream until spreadable.
- Place the fried green tomatoes on the bruschetta and spread a lick of the whipped goat’s cheese on top.
- Finish with a glug of olive oil and a drizzle of the red wine syrup.