Spanish sausage and chickpea soup
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
Use chorizo sausage in this authentic Spanish soup, flavoured with red wine and smoked paprika.
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add oil and onion and cook for 5-8 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the red wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes, stock, potatoes and chickpeas and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add chorizo and smoked paprika and simmer for 5 minutes for flavours to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve garnished with chopped parsley.