This sugar-free loaf provides a bit of sweet during my annual October detox, but it’s become a favourite for those not detoxing too. It was shared around a group of men on a golf course last week. They loved it!
- Heat oven to 180C. Bring apple juice and sultanas to the boil in a pot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in oats and baking soda, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place chopped dates, apricots and apples into a bowl and mix through the wholemeal flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Pour in the apple juice mixture and stir to just combine.
- Spread into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 45-55 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Rest for 5 minutes then turn out on to a cake rack.