Chorizo sausage chilli con carne
Photo by Tamara West
|1 piece||Ginger, chopped|
|1 handful||Fresh mint|
|1 handful||Fresh coriander|
|1 can||Red kidney beans, drained|
|1 can||Whole peeled tomatoes|
|1 handful||Green beans|
|1 to garnish||Spring onion|
|1 serving||Sour cream|
|5||Chorizo sausages, cooked, casing removed|
- In the food processor chop 1 onion with garlic, green chillies, ginger and fresh mint and coriander leaves, then cook the mixture gently in hot oil (don’t allow it to brown).
- Peel the casings off chorizo sausages and crumble the sausage into the onion mixture.
- Add red kidney beans, tomatoes, beer, cumin, turmeric, coriander, bay leaves and star anise.
- Cook and stir the chilli for a couple of hours until it is thick and broken down. Taste and season as you go. Add fresh green beans to the cooking process for some colour and crunch.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander, spring onions and sour cream. You can serve the chilli with rice, use it to make nachos, or try it on a pizza.