Sausage and mozzarella pizza
Photo by Tamara West
Quick tomato sauce
|3 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|1 can||Canned tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||Chilli sauce|
|1 handful||Fresh basil|
- Make the quick tomato sauce by frying the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic in a little olive oil over a low heat until cooked but not browned.
- Add the can of tomatoes, hot sauce, a small handful of fresh basil, the juice of a lemon, and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until it thickens.
- Spread some tomato sauce across a thin crust pizza base, all the way to the edges.
- Remove the meat from the casing of a raw sausage by squeezing it out into small pieces across the pizza.
- Add slices of chorizo sausage, fresh mozzarella, black olives, capers, spring onions and fresh basil, then top with a little grated cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven until golden.