Party Food: Smoked fish savouries
Fill bread cases with a creamy smoked fish mixture - a great idea for your next party.
If you're planning a party, check out our party food collection.
|3||Cloves, to stud the onion|
|½ tsp||Black pepper - ground|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1||Lemon, to juice and zest|
|2 Tbsp||Creme fraiche|
|1 cup||Smoked fish, flaked|
|1 handful||Fresh parsley, or dill chopped|
|2 dashes||Tabasco sauce, or other hot sauce|
|1 to grease||Butter|
- Make a white sauce by heating milk with a bay leaf, a small onion studded with 3 cloves, and black pepper until almost boiling.
- In a separate pot, melt butter with flour and cook over a medium heat stirring constantly for a few minutes. Whisk in the strained hot milk and cook gently for 10minutes.
- Season with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- When the sauce is cool, fold in creme fraiche or sour cream.
- Add the zest of a lemon, a handful of freshly chopped parsley or dill, flaked smoked fish, and a couple of shakes of hot sauce, such as tabasco.
- Spoon into homemade bread cases and bake in a hot oven until hot.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut rounds of bread to fit muffin pans.
- Butter one side of the bread rounds and press butter-side down into the muffin pans.
- Bake in a 180 degC oven until golden.