Photo by Babiche Martens
Biting into a piping hot pie wouldn't be complete without tasting the gooey filling oozing from a solid and crispy crust. Makes enough for 4 individual pies
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Rub 65g of the butter(cold butter, cubed) into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the lemon juice and just enough water(cold) to mix to a dough. On a lightly floured board, roll the dough to a 1cm thick rectangle.
- Dot two-thirds of the dough with another 65g of butter, keeping within 2cms of the edges.
- Fold the section without any butter to the middle then fold the buttered section over the top.
- Roll into a rectangle, dot with butter and repeat the process until all the butter has been used. If you have enough time, refrigerate the pastry for 5 minutes between each rolling.