Here are some easy icecream sundae recipes to get the family singing your praises into summer.
Old-fashioned vanilla icecream
- Place a tin of unsweetened condensed milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day empty into a basin with ½ cup of icing sugar, and 1 teaspoon of gelatine dissolved in boiling water (about 1 tablespoon). Beat until thick. Freeze.
- Strawberry sundae: Cut up some strawberries, sprinkle with icing sugar and squeeze the juice of an orange over them.
- Allow to sit for an hour or so to develop a syrup.
- In a tall glass, layer scoops of vanilla ice cream and the juicy strawberries.
- Finish with a pink wafer biscuit.