Japanese chilli tofu with udon noodles
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- In a bowl, combine chilli, wasabi, soy and teriyaki sauces and chilli powder.
- Spread this mixture over tofu and leave to marinate in a ceramic dish for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying-pan with a little oil and cook tofu over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil. Add noodles and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide noodles between 4 serving bowls, cover noodles with hot stock.
- Top with cooked tofu and garnish with green shallots. Serve lime halves on the side.