Roast chicken with stuffed green olives and lemons
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat oven to 190 degC. Separate the chicken legs into drumsticks and thighs.
- Rub the pieces all over with olive oil, then with cinnamon and turmeric and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven pan and drizzle with liquid honey. Arrange the lemon slices over the chicken pieces.
- Surround the chicken pieces with the chicken stock, bay leaves and olives. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove covering and bake for a further 40 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Test by putting a sharp knife into the thickest part of the thigh to the bone - if the juices run clear, then the chicken is cooked.