Giant couscous with roast cauliflower and pine nuts
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Preheat oven to 170C. Cut cauliflower into small even-sized florets and place in an oven pan.
- Combine the crushed garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pour garlic oil over the cauliflower and toss well to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the florets turn golden brown, stirring occasionally to allow for even cooking. Remove to cool.
- At the same time, heat a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion and cook over a moderate heat for 5-10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the turmeric and giant couscous and cook for 1 minute, stirring continually.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly until the grains are tender to the bite and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir through the roast cauliflower, pine nuts, currants and coriander or parsley and serve.