Glazed salmon with coriander udon noodles
( SERVES 4 )
|400 g||Udon noodles|
|3||Garlic cloves, peeled|
|2 cm||Fresh ginger, peeled|
|1 cup||Fresh coriander, tightly packed|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil, use peanut, sunflower or canola oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Noodles: Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 1-3 minutes or according to packet instructions until just tender. Drain well.
- Process all dressing ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss dressing through the noodles.
- Coriander udon noodles can be served hot or cold, as preferred.
- Salmon: Remove the fine pin bones from the salmon or ask your fishmonger to do this.
- Place salmon portions in a ceramic dish. Mix soy sauce and mirin together and pour over salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1-4 hours, turning once during this time.
- Heat a frying pan, add a little oil and cook salmon portions for 1-3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness of portions).
- This will cook the salmon to medium-rare (or cook a little longer if your preference is for well done).
- Serve salmon on top of a pile of noodles with lime halves to squeeze over.