Glazed salmon with coriander udon noodles
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
|3 cloves||Garlic, peeled|
|400 g||Udon noodles|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil, use peanut, sunflower or canola oil|
- For the noodles, cook in boiling salted water for 1-3 minutes or according to packet instructions until just tender. Drain well.
- Process all dressing ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss dressing through the noodles. Udon noodles can be served hot or cold, as preferred.
- For the salmon, remove the fine pin bones from the salmon or ask your fishmonger to do this.
- Place salmon portions in a ceramic dish. Mix soy sauce and mirin together and pour over salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1-4 hours, turning once during this time.
- Heat a frying pan, add a little oil and cook salmon portions for 1-3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness of portions). This will cook the salmon to medium-rare (or cook a little longer if your preference is for well done).
- Serve salmon on top of a pile of noodles with lime halves to squeeze over.