It hasn't been a great day fishing and you've caught only a bunch of small fish - a trevally, maybe a maomao and a small kahawai. You can still provide that fish meal you promised and it will taste great.
- Fillet, skin and cook the fish in a pan with a little oil.
- Put fillets on a plate with a paper towel and refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the mashed potatoes, onion, herbs and curry powder.
- Flake the cold fish into bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- On a flour-dusted chopping board, form the patties.
- Lightly beat the egg and water in a separate bowl.
- Coat each patty with the egg, then the breadcrumbs
- Cook in a hot frying pan until golden brown on each side.
- Drain and serve.