Pasta with lemon
- Rinse the anchovy fillets in cold water and chop finely.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Place a frying pan over the boiling water and use a wooden spoon to smear the chopped anchovies over the hot surface until they melt.
- Put the pan aside.
- Add two tablespoons of salt to the water and use it to cook the pasta for the time recommended on the packet.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the shallot or onion and use an appropriate tool or sharp knife to remove the rind from the lemon. Chop roughly.
- Add the olive oil to the pan containing the melted anchovies, and use it to cook the shallot or onion until it is soft, but not at all brown.
- Add the lemon rind, stir for 30 seconds or so, then the wine. Reduce slightly then turn off the heat.
- About 30 seconds before the pasta is cooked and drained, place the frying pan on a low element and add the butter.
- Allow it to just melt, add the pasta and stir through with the Parmesan cheese.
- Check the seasoning, then serve sprinkled with the torn basil leaves.