Butternut squash puff pizza
From the chapter on "Great fast food", here's a tasty recipe for butternut squash puff "pizza". It's interesting that Ramsay has eschewed the word "tart" - perhaps because the filling is similar to a pizza topping, or maybe "tart" now strikes a fuddy-duddy note.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the squash (chopped) and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to a large rectangle, about 15 x 25cm.Using a sharp knife, mark a 1cm border around the edge of the pastry, without cutting right through. Brush the border with eggwash (1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp water).
- Sprinkle half the grated cheese on the pastry within the border and top with the squash. Scatter the chopped sage(4 leaves) over and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then scatter the remaining cheese and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh sage leaves and serve.