Roasted coco beans
( SERVES 4 )
A recipe to feed your family of four for less than $10 from Peta Mathias.
- Soak beans for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- Drain then cook in boiling water for half an hour. Drain. The beans will be undercooked.
- Heat oven to 180 degC. In an ovenproof dish put the beans, oil, stock, wine, herbs, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Braise in oven, covered loosely with baking paper, for half an hour.
- Keep checking - they might need as much as an hour, leaving a moist, flavoured stew.