Stir-fried rice with baby octopus
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Cook rice in plenty of boiling salted water for 12 minutes then drain well in a colander.
- Heat a wok, add a little oil and then the octopus (this may need to be cooked in 2 batches), toss and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes over high heat until browned.
- Remove to one side. Add a little more oil to the wok and then add the ginger, spring onions and peas and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes to brown. Remove to one side.
- Add a little more oil and then the rice to the wok with oyster and soy sauces, tossing over high heat for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Return all ingredients to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 more minutes until hot. Serve tossed or scattered with fresh coriander.