Batty Biscuits for Halloween
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms. Divide dough into two pieces and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Roll each piece of dough out between two sheets of non-stick baking paper to 3mm-thick.
- Use an 8cm round cookie cutter to cut 24 rounds from the dough. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Use small triangle and small semi-circle cookie cutters to cut bat shapes out of 12 of the rounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on wire racks. Spread the uncut biscuits with the chocolate hazelnut spread and sandwich with the bat biscuits.