Photo by Tamara West
Make popcorn the old fashioned way.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Add popping corn, put the lid on and take it off the heat once the corn stops popping.
- Caramel flavour: Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring for 4-5 minutes until dissolved then boil, uncovered, without stirring for 5-8 minutes.
- Assembly: Put your popped corn into a large dish (salt it if you like a salted caramel), pour the caramel over and stir through.
- Spread out on a tray lined with baking paper and leave to cool.