Light butter chicken
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Styling by Jo Elwin, Photography by Tamara West
Yoghurt ensures this version of butter chicken is a little lighter on our arteries; not that the kids care, they love it anyway. Recipe courtesy of Bill Granger from his book Easy, published by HarperCollins Publishers.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, or until golden and softened. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 1-2minutes, stirring, until fragrant
- Cut the chicken into 2cm chunks add and cook, stirring to coat, for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook gently for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blitz the cashew nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add to the chicken and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the yoghurt, lemon juice and sugar.
- Serve the curry with steamed rice, coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.