Roast fish with potato and cucumber salad, preserved lemon and yoghurt
The piquant flavour of preserved lemon keeps this salad refreshing. The simple dressing is made by mixing the cooking juices left in the roasting dish with a splash of red wine vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Wash the potatoes then slice into 5mm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Splash with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Strip the leaves from the thyme, toss through the potatoes and tip into a roasting dish. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the vinegar and season with a touch of salt. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and tuck the fish fillets among the potatoes.
- Spoon some dressing over the fish.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into 2cm pieces, place in a bowl, chop the fennel and toss together.
- Wash the preserved lemon, discard the soft innards, finely chop the skin and add to the other ingredients with some of the oil.
- Add the potatoes and any pan juices. Mix well, then divide between 4 plates, top with the fish and serve with a tablespoon of yoghurt.