This is an easy way to add a taste sensation to the humble mussel. Use artistic flair by garnishing with parsley and arranging on a platter and your creation will look like something out of a cookbook.
- Heat pot with olive oil and sweat off the finely diced onion until soft (not browned).
- Add garlic and tomatoes, lower heat and cook with lid on.
- Once the tomatoes have broken down, add the chopped basil and thicken with cream.
- Put mussels in, steam open and remove half the shell.
- Arrange on a high-sided platter, cover with sauce and add parsley. Serve.