Fish on chickpeas with chorizo sausage, rocket and hazelnuts
The chickpeas bring a wonderful rustic feel to this dish. The rough, mealy texture picks up the smoky flavours of the chorizo, and the hazelnuts give just the right amount of crunch.
- Drain then rinse the cooked chickpeas under cold running water. Drain in a colander.
- Chop the onion finely. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and allow to soften over a low heat. Finely slice the garlic and add to the pan, cooking until golden brown.
- Slice the chorizo into 1cm-thick pieces and stir into the onion. Cook until fragrant - about 4 minutes - then tip in the chickpeas and hazelnuts.
- Cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes to let all the flavours develop.
- Add the rocket leaves, tossing them through the mix as they slowly wilt. Spoon out onto deep plates and top with the fish.
- To cook the fish, heat the butter in a frying pan and when it's foaming place the fish fillets carefully into the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then turn over and cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon any cooking juices over the fish and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt only.