Photo by Stephen Goodenough
This recipe is part of a menu designed by Tina Duncan for Simply You Living, highlighting New Zealand’s finest produce. For starters, delicate kai moana, followed by venison steaks with kumara fondant, pea puree and delicately herbed carrots. To finish; a sweet note of honey soufflé with walnut wafers and orange blossom yoghurt labne. Tina created this dessert using J Friend & Co Pohutukawa honey.
- Wrap each ramekin in a baking paper collar so that?it sits at least 5cm above the lip. (I find it easier to use masking tape.)
- Beat the egg yolks with the honey until pale and thick. Add lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat cream until thick.
- Whisk cooled gelatine into the egg yolk mixture. Immediately fold in egg white followed by cream.
- Spoon into ramekins and refrigerate until set. Remove paper collar to serve.
Tina recommends serving this dessert with Walnut Wafers and Orange Blossom Labne.