Crayfish, condensed milk mayo and mustard greens Bruschetta
This mayonnaise is a little 'down and dirty' but I grew up with it from a very early age and have a real affinity with it. The recipe is on the can. Growing up we would not have dreamt of serving chilled crayfish with anything else. I think, as I have a sweet tooth, it was the combination of the condensed milk with the sharp malt vinegar and the heat from the dried mustard that made it all so appealing.
Highlander condensed milk mayonnaise
- Slice some sourdough and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Cook a crayfish tail in salted water until just cooked. Chill before removing all the flesh from the shell.
- Rough chop crayfish and fold together with condensed milk mayonnaise.
- To serve, lay a couple of mustard green leaves or rocket on the bruschetta bases, then top with crayfish and mayo.
- Lemon halves on the side,and you are good to go.
Highlander Condensed Milk Mayonnaise
- Place the sweetened condensed milk in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together until blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Place in the fridge to cool and thicken.