Asparagus and rocket pizza
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Get the young cooks on to dinner this week, starting with easy peasy pizza.
|2||Pizza bases, thin crust, or 2 large wholemeal pita breads|
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|12||Asparagus, thin to medium, woody bases snapped off|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|2 Tbsp||Grated parmesan cheese|
- Heat oven to 210C.
- Place each pizza base on a flat baking sheet. If you are using pita bread, pre-bake each one for 4 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Mix the olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl. Brush some over the top of each pizza base or pita bread, almost to the outside edges.
- Carefully cut each asparagus spear in half lengthwise. Toss in a wide bowl to coat with remaining garlic oil, the leaves from the thyme, and a little flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Slice bocconcini as thinly as possible. Arrange slices on pizza bases. Then arrange asparagus on the pizzas.
- Bake pizzas one at a time for 8 minutes, or until the bocconcini slices have melted completely and the asparagus is tender.
- Sprinkle parmesan over each pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven then scatter rocket leaves on top. Transfer to a serving board. Cut pizza into wedges.