Baked eggs with black pudding, chorizos and tomato
( SERVES 4 )
Forget breakfast at the greasy spoon, this glammed up egg and black pudding meal is perfect at any time of the day.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Finely chop the onion, then fry gently until soft. Seed and slice the capsicum and add to the saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add the cumin,and chilli (seeded and chopped). Season with salt and pepper. Smash the garlic with the side of a broad knife blade, then finely chop it and add to the saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crush the tomatoes and add to the saucepan with their juice. Cook for 2 minutes until the mixture comes to a simmer. Add the stock and cook until the sauce has thickened - about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander. Taste for salt and pepper - it should be quite spicy. Cover the sauce and keep in a warm place.
- Slice the black puddings, chorizos and potatoes into even-sized chunks and mix together. Divide between 4 x 12cm-diameter ovenproof dishes, making 2 hollows between the sausages and potatoes.
- Break an egg into each one. Pour the tomato sauce over the top, completely covering all the ingredients.
- Put the dishes onto a flat baking sheet and place in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove carefully from the oven, for there are only a few things hotter than bubbling tomato sauce,
- Sprinkle with extra coriander and serve.