Honey orange poached figs with biscotti and crème fraîche
|200 ml||Red wine|
|1||Orange, zest and juice|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|6 Tbsp||Crème fraîche|
- Heat the figs, red wine, honey, zest and juice of the orange and lemon and basil leaves in a deep saucepan, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the figs cool in the syrup. Refrigerate.
- Serve the figs with a spoonful of crème fraîche and 3-4 biscotti.
- Biscotti:Preheat the oven to 190C. Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Stir in the other zest of 1 orange and flour. Knead until smooth and still a little wet, then roll into logs. Place on greased baking sheets, then bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice the logs thinly on the diagonal while still warm. Place the slices on the baking sheet, then return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to dry out. Cool, then store in an airtight container.