White Hot Chocolate with Orange
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and put in a pot with the sweetened condensed milk and cream.
- Heat gently until the chocolate melts, then add the juice(of 3 oranges) and zest(of 1 orange). Stir until smooth and store in the fridge.
- To use, stir a tablespoon or two into a glass of hot milk.
- Grate a little extra zest on top. Another way to make a rich hot chocolate base to store and use as needed, is to make a cocoa and sugar syrup.
- Like ganache, this is a versatile commodity to have in the fridge.
- You can heat it to use as a sauce for ice cream or to serve over poached pears.