Hot chocolate using homemade ganache
- Place the chocolate on a clean chopping board and chop into small pieces.
- Put in a pot with the cream and heat very gently until the cream bubbles at the edges.
- Remove from the heat and set aside until the chocolate melts in the hot cream.
- Stir until smooth, then chill. Scoop into an electric mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape into a small bowl and refrigerate. When ready to serve, gently heat a cup of milk per person, or a mixture of milk and cream.
- Stir in a tablespoon of ganache. Top with softly whipped cream and serve.
Make a change
- Add 2 Tbsp honey or golden syrup to the melted chocolate mixture before chilling.
- Chop 3 fresh red chillies and steep in hot cream for 20 minutes. Strain before adding the chopped chocolate and 2 Tbsp of golden syrup.