Kiwifruit with Passionfruit Anglaise
( SERVES 5 )
Photo by iStock
- To make the anglaise (custard), bring the milk to boiling point. Add the vanilla paste.
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl, until creamy and light. Pour the hot milk on to the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook at a low temperature, stirring continuously, until the mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Cool, then fold in the passionfruit.
- Peel and slice the kiwifruit and sprinkle with the rind of the orange and add liqueur.
- Stand in a cool place for about 30 minutes. Arrange in serving dishes and spoon a little of the custard over the top.