Passionfruit and Vodka Syrup
( SERVES 1 )
Serve this drink in shot glasses or use it to flavour cocktails.
- Cut open the passionfruit and scoop the pulp into a sieve placed over a bowl.
- Sieve the juice from the pulp. Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and heat to boiling, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil for 5-7 minutes or until the syrup spins a thread when dropped from the tines of a fork.
- Add the passionfruit juice and bring back to the boil for 1 minute.
- Cool, then add the vodka. Pour into a hot, clean, dry bottle, then seal.