Chinese-style roast pork
Don't cover the pork when standing after roasting or the crackling will soften.
- Score the pork fat and rub salt over it. Refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- Wash off salt and pat dry. Heat oven to 200C.
- Combine five-spice, maple syrup and soy sauce. Brush evenly over pork.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 160C. Continue cooking for 35 minutes per 500g (internal temp 71C).
- Remove from the oven and stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 10 minutes before carving.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce and serve with the pork.