Chargrilled asparagus with lemon sauce
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Preheat a chargrill pan (or barbecue). Place asparagus spears in bowl with the garlic and olive oil and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and chargrill for 1-2 minutes on each side, turning once during cooking.
- Serve asparagus hot as a starter with the lemon sauce on the side to dip.
- To make sauce, melt butter with the lemon juice and salt. Mix egg yolk with milk in a bowl, pour melted butter and lemon on to yolks and whisk together.
- Return mixture to the pan and heat very gently, whisking for 1 minute until sauce thickens. Do not boil or the sauce may curdle.
- Serve asparagus as a starter with sauce on the side.