Potato, olive and pesto pie
This dish proves that vegetarian food need not be dull and tasteless. They are so tasty that non-vegetarians will also enjoy the pleasures of a meatless meal.
|6||Potatoes, suitable for mashing|
|½ cup||Basil pesto|
|1 cup||Sundried tomatoes|
|1 cup||Pitted black olives|
|¼ cup||Vegetable stock|
|1 cup||Tasty cheese|
|1 to garnish||Basil|
- Spray the inside of the slow-cooker bowl with oil. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs.
- Peel the potatoes and slice very thinly using the slicer on your grater, a sharp knife or the food processor.
- Arrange about one-third of the potatoes over the base of the slow cooker.
- Spread with half of the pesto and sprinkle with half of the chopped sundried tomatoes and black olives.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of potato. Pour over the stock.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with basil aioli and garnish with basil.
- Basil Aioli: Mix aioli and finely chopped basil together.